Sunday, April 27, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
The International Section of the Australian Nursing & Midwifery Council (ANMC) is an assessing authority for the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). The ANMC conducts an assessment of Registered Nurses and Midwives who intend to migrate to Australia under the General Skilled Migration category. The ANMC has been authorised by DIAC to undertake these assessments. Through this process the ANMC determines whether nurses and midwives are suitable for migration or whether they may need to undertake further education in order to be eligible for migration in the stated skill category.
The ANMC itself has no legal authority to:
- Register nurses and midwives. This is a function of the state and territory nursing and midwifery regulatory authorities.
- Employ nurses and midwives in Australia.
- Deal with immigration requirements other than Migration Skills Assessment.
- Advise on visa or immigration matters.
- Process applications for nursing and midwifery training in Australia.
- Provide continuing medical education courses or other medical training.
Our office is located in Canberra - Australia and all business is conducted in this office.
For information about Migration Skills Assessment, applications and determinations please contact the International Section on the contact details below.
For all electronic mail enquiries related to Migration Skills Assessment please e-mail enquiry (Including file number, if appropriate) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +612 6257 7960
Fax: +612 6257 7955
Please note we are unable to return International calls.
Taken from: http://www.anmc.org.au/international/index.php